Take a “Less Stress” Road Test with us!
South Cherokee Driving Schools are eligible to perform Third Party Testing. Since January 18, 2014 we are state certified to road test any new driver training student who has completed the required Joshua’s law (30/6) course or Adults that take 6 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction at either of our two schools .
Some advantages of taking the road test at South Cherokee are
- Our vehicle!
- Convenient scheduling
- No long waiting lines (testing will be completed within one hour of appointment time)
- Stress free environment with a certified South Cherokee Examiner
- A free one time retesting (can be completed no less than one week from original test date)
- Review of testing with examiner
- Convenient testing site near our Woodstock location
Call 770-928-3679 for complete details and scheduling.
What is the Driver Training Third Party Testing Program? The Third Party Testing Program is program in which the Department of Driver Services (DDS) authorizes certified driver training schools and instructors to administer the road skills tests to individuals that have completed a 30 and 6 driver education course at the driver training school. Effective January 1, 2020 Adults that take 6 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction can now test with us!
- A Third Party Tester is a certified driver training school that has been approved to offer the road skills testing at their facility Driver training schools that have been certified with DDS for a minimum of two (2) years and have offered, on a full-time basis, both the 30 hour classroom and behind the wheel components may apply to become a third party tester. Applicants must have an acceptable compliance record with the DDS and designate administrative staff to work in the program.
- A Third Party Examiner is a certified driver training instructor that has completed a DDS training course and administers the road skills test to drivers. Driver training instructors that have been certified with DDS for a minimum of two (2) years and are employed by a third party tester may apply to become an examiner. Applicants must pass a written examination and training course.
- Does a Third Party Tester issue a driver’s license? Individuals that pass a road skills test administered by a third party examiner are issued a certificate that must be presented in person to the DDS along with an application for a Class D or Class C driver’s license.
- Can anyone take the road skills test at a Third Party Tester? Only individuals that have completed a driver education course consisting of 30 hours classroom and 6 hours behind the wheel instruction, taken at the third party tester’s facility, are eligible. Effective January 1, 2020 Adults that take 6 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction can now test with us!