Defensive Driving Classes
Consists of 6 hours of in-depth classroom training. The course focuses on basic Georgia traffic laws with an emphasis on:
- How to avoid accidents and future violations
- What to do in emergency situations
- How to change attitudes and behavior from being an “Auto Pilot” type driver to one who always drives defensively being constantly aware of their surroundings and potential hazards
License suspensions will result
- For any person over age 21 who accumulates 15 or more points within 24 months.
- For any person under the age of 21 with a conviction for any 4-point violation.
- For any person under 18 years of age with an accumulation of 4 points within twelve months.
Satisfy legal requirements
The 6 hour Defensive Driving Class fee is $95.00 as mandated by the State of Georgia for any of the following legal issues. This class may be court ordered.
- Re-instatement of license after suspension.
- Remove up to 7 points off your driving record (can complete one time every 5 years)
- Court mandated attendance
- Ticket Dismissal and/or reduction of fine by the Court
Please be aware if your certificate of completion is for license reinstatement, point reduction or any offensive that will be submitted to the Department of Driver Services, you must take an in classroom course.
Georgia state law mandates your insurance company offer an insurance reduction of not less than 10 percent in premiums for motor vehicle liability, first-party medical, and collision coverages for up to three years when completing a six (6) hour Defensive Driving Course, with a continued good driving record. Check with your agent.
Take this course at South Cherokee/Jasper Driver Improvement Clinic for $45.00. Ask your agent if they have our discount coupons for an additional savings. If your agent does not have these coupons ask him/her to call and we will provide them to him/her.
Both the $95 and $45 fee are the same 6 hour class but a certificate marked for insurance only and paying the $45 fee CANNOT be used for Reinstatement, Points Reduction or Court.